Outdoor Activities in the Cwm Gwendraeth Area
Walking Routes in Cwm Gwendraeth
Here are local walking routes in and around the Cwm Gwendraeth area which are suitable for families to explore
Note: remember to follow COVID guidelines when out walking
Discover Carmarthenshire Walking Routes Llyn Llech Owen Mynydd Mawr Woodland Garn Fach Tumble Coed Ffos Las Carway Swiss Valley Cycle Route – Tumble and Crosshands
Take a look at this booklet for Playful ideas for family walks
Play Grounds in the Cwm Gwendraeth area
Playgrounds can provide a safe place for children to play freely outdoors, here is a list of parks in the Cwm Gwendraeth area
Note – Families must follow the current COVID guidelines and restrictions
- Tumble Park/Parc Mynydd Mawr
- Llannon Park
- Cefneithin Park
- Crosshands Park
- Gorslas Park
- Llyn Llech Owain Park
- Pontyberem Recreation Ground
- Penygroes Park
- Drefach Park
Traditional Playground Games by Thérèse HoyleTtraditional Playground Games Booklet
Cycling Routes in Cwm Gwendraeth
Did you know that you can access a cycle path that runs from Crosshands to Llanelli via Tumble and Horeb.
A wonderful 19km or 12 miles of off-road path follows the route of the historic Llanelli and Mynydd Mawr Mineral Railway through the beautiful countryside of the Gwendraeth Valley.
The route is mostly flat, with a tarmac surface and easily accessible and total time is around 2 hours each way (the whole route)
- There is on-road car parking at Horeb or you can ask at the pub.
- At Tumble there is on-road parking along the trail and by the Family Centre where the trail crosses the B4310
- You can also park on-road at Cynheidre where there is access to the path.
- You can park on-road in Crosshands where there is access to the path