Outdoor Activities in the Cwm Gwendraeth Area
Play Grounds in the Cwm Gwendraeth area
Playgrounds can provide a safe place for children to play freely outdoors, here is a list of parks in the Cwm Gwendraeth area
Note – Families must follow the current COVID guidelines and restrictions
- Tumble Park/Parc Mynydd Mawr
- Llannon Park
- Cefneithin Park
- Crosshands Park
- Gorlas Park
- Llyn Llech Owen Park
- Pontyberem Recreation Ground
- Penygroes Park
- Drefach Park
Traditional Playground Games by Thérèse Hoyle
Cycling Routes in Cwm Gwendraeth
Did you know that you can access a cycle path that runs from Crosshands to Llanelli via Tumble and Horeb.
A wonderful 19km or 12 miles of off-road path follows the route of the historic Llanelli and Mynydd Mawr Mineral Railway through the beautiful countryside of the Gwendraeth Valley.
The route is mostly flat, with a tarmac surface and easily accessible and total time is around 2 hours each way (the whole route)
- There is on-road car parking at Horeb or you can ask at the pub.
- At Tumble there is on-road parking along the trail and by the Family Centre where the trail crosses the B4310
- You can also park on-road at Cynheidre where there is access to the path.
- You can park on-road in Crosshands where there is access to the path