Our Flying Start Midwifery Service provides the following to parents within the Flying Start area;
- Preparation for labour, delivery and care of the baby, with one to one support at home and in a group setting.
- Focusing on emotional health, reducing stress and promotion of early attachment/bonding.
- Building confidence in attending group settings where they can meet and form friendships with other mums.
- Encouraging ongoing engagement in other Flying Start courses and groups.
- We aim to increase breast feeding rates within the Flying Start area by discussing the benefits through Health Promotion.
- We provide guidance, mentoring and support through pregnancy,and to encourage self esteem and increase confidence.
- We also discuss promoting health through our sessions , aiming to reduce smoking, increase exercise, and healthy eating in pregnancy
- We offer emotional support in the postnatal where most mothers feel that having a new baby can be challenging.