Children & Young People’s Clubs
Carers Trust are pleased to inform you that they have been awarded a contract by Carmarthenshire County Council to deliver after-school, weekend clubs and holiday clubs for children & young people with additional needs in Carmarthenshire. These clubs will be aimed at children/young people who have complex needs and are not able to access other holiday provision/mainstream clubs. Carers Trust Crossroads Sir Gâr are a local charity with over 30 years’ experience of providing care and support for individuals across Carmarthenshire. Our plans are to:
· Deliver after-school clubs and weekend clubs
· Deliver school holiday clubs during Easter and Summer
· Parents will be able to leave their children in our care at the clubs
· We will provide places for: Heol Goffa, Llanelli for both under 12s and over 12s, Myddin Unit, Carmarthen for under 12s and at Canolfan Elfed, QE High, Carmarthen for over 12s
· Children will not need to be assessed by the Children’s Disability Team to access the clubs and do not need to be in receipt of any services
· Children do not have to be a pupil at Heol Goffa, Myrddin Unit or Canolfan Elfed to be able to attend.
We want to ensure that our clubs will meet the needs of your child and your family and would be grateful if you would please complete this survey to enable us to gain a better understanding of your needs.
For further information please contact Jo Silverthorne at email@example.com or telephone 01554 754957.
HAIPAC (Help and Information for Parents & Carers) exists primarily to minimise pressure on parents and carers of individuals living in Carmarthenshire who have additional needs and the professionals who support them. If you would like to learn more and meet your parent reps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mencap Cymru – Carmarthenshire Family Adviser Service
Do you have a learning disability?
Are you a Parent/Carer or friend of someone with a learning disability ?
Are you a professional who needs information or advice?
If you have an enquiry regarding:
- Training & Employment
- Health & Housing Options
- Day Services or Leisure Activities
- Benefits or Direct Payments
- Personal Assistants
and anything that’s relevant to you please contact the Family Adviser Team: 01267 232256
Carmarthenshire Adult Autism Advice (CAAA)
Carmarthenshire Adult Autism Advice is an advice and information service. It is a service for young people (16-25) in Carmarthenshire with Asperger’s Syndrome/Autism who are not accessing traditional support services. Anyone can contact the service; they don’t need to be referred by a professional.
- We can provide advice to you by email, telephone or in person.
- We can help direct you and those who support you, to an appropriate service or organisation.
- We offer short term mentoring around a specific issue to help to support your independence and to try and reduce any worries which you may have. This could be accessing a service/paying a bill/making an appointment.
- We can offer training on Autism to organisations, services or clubs as part of the National ASD Aware Scheme.
- We can show you the resources available on the National Website ASD Info Wales
CAAA is not able to provide:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Crisis intervention
- Casework/ ongoing support
- Long term interventions
01267 246513 ext 6513