Autism pack information
- Supporting parents and families to regulate
- Supporting children to regulate
- Getting used to the new normal
- Supporting people who find PPE distressing
- Face coverings – some things to consider
- Supporting a child with coronavirus at home
- Visiting a hospital
- Support to manage grief
- Ways autistic people may soothe themselves
- How we’re feeling inside
- Where our bodies are in relation to gravity
- Knowing where our body is
- Autism Wellbeing C19 Support Pack useful links
Autism Wellbeing CIC
Early Help Team 0-25 – 01267 246673
The Early Help Team supports disabled/autistic children/young people and their families. We are a short term intervention service and our aim is to support children/young people and their families to overcome challenges and achieve their potential.
Useful links and resources during the Coronavirus crisis
- Guidance for Carers and Coronavirus Carers UK
- Children’s commissioner for Wales webpage information and useful resources –
- Welsh Government guidance – https://gov.wales/coronavirus
- Public Health Wales guidance – https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Practical support/volunteers SirGâredig –
- Advocacy – Carmarthenshire People First 01267 234635
- Counselling Service – https://www.area43.co.uk/counselling/
Area 43’s schools counsellors will work from home to offer counselling remotely, via Zoom, an online platform using text, audio or video link or over the phone. To access counselling support, please see complete the self-referral link (for school age children/young people in Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire) and a counsellor will contact you directly.
Area 43’s Here for You online counselling service is also available to those aged 16 – 30, living in Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire by completing the registration form on our website
- Young person’s guide to COVID 19 ideas, websites, organisations, timetables etc.( Cardiff & Vale UHB: Child Health Psychology)
Phone 0808 8000 300
Phone 0808 8000 300
Coronavirus disability specific information and advice
1) Supporting your neurodiverse child https://youtu.be/dXPtqmHKNoE
The NHS East London NHS Foundation Trust has created this video about helping to support neurodiverse children during self-isolation and lockdown.
2) Learning Disability Wales https://www.ldw.org.uk/project/coronavirus/
4) For people with Down’s Syndrome https://www.downs-syndrome.org.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/
5) For autistic people and their families
National Autistic Society https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/coronavirus.aspx
Children and young people –
Talking to your child about coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family well-being – Young Minds
Talk to Mencap WISE
Mencap Wales’ Independent Support and Empowerment (WISE) is a Welsh Government funded service available to everyone in Wales.
Whether you’re a person with a learning disability, a family member or friend, we can give you the information you need to understand the rights of people with a learning disability and support them to access services or challenge decisions.
Call 0808 8000 300
National Autism Service (NAS)
Autism Helpline and Supporter Care
COVID-19 virus and our Autism Helpline and Supporter Care team
We are adapting the way we work at this time so there may be limits to our service. Due to the impact of the COVID-19 virus, our Helpline and Supporter Care telephone lines will be amended to 10am – 3pm, Monday to Friday from Wednesday 1st April 2020. Autism Helpline
Call 0808 800 4104, 10am-3pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Phone 0808 8000 300
Phone 0808 8000 300
Help with Technology – from Learning Disability Wales
Zoom on a computer –
Video tutorial on how to install and use Zoom online meetings on a computer
Zoom on a smartphone or tablet
Video tutorial on how to install and use Zoom online meetings on a smartphone or tablet
Easy Read guide to Zoom
THINGS TO DO
Things to do at home: from the Learning Disability Wales Website –
Animals at Chester Zoo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53Glw5Nzro&list=PLezrh9gR8RL3kkND8Pz2zOHHZPRk-a2VC
News from NASA – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME3IjrDU4PY
Fitness with Joe Wicks – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKGNzNbWjU
Museums round the world – https://artsandculture.google.com/partner?hl=en
Resources to support you to organise your day
Statutory Disabilities Services in Carmarthenshire County Council please contact 01554 742322
Tim Camau Bach are an Early Intervention Service commissioned by Families First. We short term offer support for parents with a disabled child aged 0-16 years around issues such as communication, sleep, continence, behaviour, diet, play, child development and sibling support. Click here for more
Children & Young People’s Clubs
For further information please contact Jo Silverthorne at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01554 754957.
HAIPAC (Help and Information for Parents & Carers) exists primarily to minimise pressure on parents and carers of individuals living in Carmarthenshire who have additional needs and the professionals who support them. If you would like to learn more and meet your parent reps, please email email@example.com
Mencap Cymru – Carmarthenshire Family Adviser Service
Do you have a learning disability?
Are you a Parent/Carer or friend of someone with a learning disability ?
Are you a professional who needs information or advice?
If you have an enquiry regarding:
- Training & Employment
- Health & Housing Options
- Day Services or Leisure Activities
- Benefits or Direct Payments
- Personal Assistants
and anything that’s relevant to you please contact the Family Adviser Team: Helpline.firstname.lastname@example.org
Carmarthenshire Adult Autism Advice (CAAA)
Carmarthenshire Adult Autism Advice is an advice and information service. It is a service for young people (16-25) in Carmarthenshire with Asperger’s Syndrome/Autism who are not accessing traditional support services. Anyone can contact the service; they don’t need to be referred by a professional.
- We can provide advice to you by email, telephone or in person.
- We can help direct you and those who support you, to an appropriate service or organisation.
- We offer short term mentoring around a specific issue to help to support your independence and to try and reduce any worries which you may have. This could be accessing a service/paying a bill/making an appointment.
- We can offer training on Autism to organisations, services or clubs as part of the National ASD Aware Scheme.
- We can show you the resources available on the National Website ASD Info Wales
CAAA is not able to provide:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Crisis intervention
- Casework/ ongoing support
- Long term interventions
01267 246513 ext 6513